Don’t Miss The Deadline For Primary School Places
Parents with children who are due to start primary school in September 2018 are being reminded that the deadline for applications for school places is approaching. The deadline for applications is Monday 15 January 2018.
- If your child was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014, they will be eligible to start school in the school year beginning September 2018.
- If your child was born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 and attends an infant school, they must transfer to a junior school in the school year beginning September 2018.
Parents can get more information about the applications process by going to www.westsussex.gov.uk/admissions
The easiest way to apply is online. The process is quick and simple and you will receive an automatic email acknowledgement so you’ll know your application has been received.
If you are unable to apply online you can request a form by phoning 03330 142903. The form should then be returned to your local West Sussex school or posted to the Admissions Team by recorded delivery so that it arrives before the application deadline. It is recommended you keep a copy of this form.
Some tips to remember when applying are:
- You can apply for up to three different schools. You must rank the schools in order of preference. The first school should be the one you would most like your child to go to.
- You are advised to use all three preferences and enter your catchment school as one of your preferences (you can find out which catchment area you are in at www.westsussex.gov.uk/admissions). If you want your child to be considered for a place at their catchment school you must include this as one of your three preferences.
- If you apply after the deadline (15 January 2018) you are far less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools.
Richard Burrett, Cabinet Member for Education and Skills, said: “I strongly encourage parents with children due to start primary school in September to get their applications in as soon as they can. The application deadline is on Monday 15 January which is not far away.”
West Sussex County Council admissions officers are available to help parents through the admissions process. Parents can telephone 033 301 42903 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.