February Half-Term At Wakehurst
This February we’ll be celebrating our love for all things green – teaming up with the Climate Coalition and their #showthelove week from 10-18th February.
Daily from 10am to 4.30pm
Activities £3 per child – pay in cash at activity.
Entry to Wakehurst is free for children 16 and under.
Join in our holiday activities to show the love for a world powered by clean and secure energy.
In the Mansion:
- Make and decorate your own #showthelove willow heart to take home.
- Create a wood heart to leave in the gardens for other visitors to search for and find.
- Show your love of nature by sowing beetroot seeds in the shape of a heart, nurture the seeds and watch them grow.
- Make a wish and add it to our wishing tree.
In the gardens:
- Unite with other nature lovers by hiding your wood heart in your favourite part of Wakehurst.
- Join the hunt for other hidden hearts around the gardens – if you find one, snap a picture and then hide it for another visitor to find.
- Feel free to share photos of the hearts on social media using #showthelove (for children aged 13+).
- Pick up a map and follow our trail around the garden to find out more about our gardeners’ favourite areas and the plants they love.
- After completing the activities and trail, children can enjoy a free heart shaped cookie at the Stables restaurant.