Turkey And Rice Soup
by Diane Clark
Is there anything as warm as a bowl of soup made with leftovers of a meal that you shared with your family?
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt to flavour
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 960 ml (3 tins) chicken broth
- 128 grams rice
- 269 grams leftover shredded turkey
- 30g Freshly chopped parsley
- Add onion, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add white wine, broth and rice and bring to the boil. Simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the leftover turkey and parsely until warmed through and serve immediately.