Want to be a GBSS hero?
There are lots of new and exciting ways to fundraise for Group B Strep Support this year, as well as the tried and true favourites. – New shirts and vests are coming!
There are guaranteed places for…
- British 10K London: 12th July – A great way to see the sights!
- Great South Run: 25th October – This 10 mile route takes in the iconic sites of the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard including Portsmouth Cathedral, Spinnaker Tower and the HMS Victory and the charity has only FIVE guaranteed places! To secure a place in either the British 10K or the Great South Run, please email Jane Grout:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t forget about the Big Fun Runs! – 5Ks staged in scenic parks around the country suitable for all ages and all abilities. *Although Group B Strep Support isn’t one of the Big Fun Runs affiliated charities doesn’t mean you can’t enter, enjoy and still raise funds for us. It’s simple. Visitwww.bigfunrun.com , select a venue, set yourself up with an account, select whether you are entering as an individual or a group and then you can just click on ‘Pay for your Own Entry’. Then get in contact with Jane and she can help you set up a JustGiving page!
- London to Brighton Bike Ride: 6th September? – We have the opportunity to buy some charity places again this year for the DIFC London to Brighton Bike Ride on the 6th September 2015….and need to get an idea of how many. If you are interested, please let us know before signing up! The cycle challenge heads along an iconic route and is for cyclists of all abilities. This 54 mile journey starts in the nation’s capital and ends in the beautiful seaside city of Brighton.
- For those you fancy a bit more adventure, how about ziplining? With events around the country taking place between May and October – this could be YOU! Events are held at:
- Tyne Bridge – Newcastle/Gateshead – 6th and 7th June 2015
- Newport Transporter Bridge – Newport, South Wales – 4th July 2015
- Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art – Gateshead – 19th and 20th September 2015
Sign up at http://www.zipslidesuk.co.uk/
START UP YOUR OWN EVENT
Stuck for ideas? Visit our Pinterest page or our website where you can have a look at the sorts of events and challenges our supporters take part in. If you would like to arrange your own event or have seen one you would like to take part in on behalf of GBSS and we’re not listed as a charity, please let us know!